Did you see this recent announcement? Since we use file upload in a number of projects, this update looks interesting — particularly the “support for progress listeners”.
From: Jochen Wiedmann [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:40 AM
Subject: Announce: Commons Fileupload 1.2
the Jakarta Commons team is glad to announce the availability of commons-fileupload 1.2. Commons Fileupload is a framework for handling HTTP file upload requests in servlets, portlets, and similar server side Java applications.
Compared to the previous version 1.1.1, the following notable changes have been made:
- A streaming API has been added. The streaming API allows to handle arbitrarily
large files without intermediary files while still keeping an extremely low memory
- The presence of a content-length header is no longer required.
- Added support for progress listeners.
- Added support for header continuation lines.
- Added support for limiting the actual file size, as opposed to the request size.
Commons Fileupload 1.2 is available from