Prior to this they have only supported Python, a language with a far more limited following. Here’s the rundown:
- Supports JDK 1.6.
- Free for limited use, no ability to pay for heavier use yet
- Can access data behind the firewall through Secure Data Connect
- Supports cron and data import ability
- Uses BigTable (key/value pairs) for storage, so can’t use JDBC. Instead Java Data Objects (JDO) or the Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Hasn’t yet passed Sun certification tests
Sounds like another interesting offering in the cloud computing arena.